Saturday, January 30, 2010

Exchange n.2, Romania and Moldova

The content of the second letter of this year is a very nice mixture of Romania 2009 issues and Moldova stamps of the past decade. The letter arrived from Bucharest, Romania, and was sent by my old-time trading partner Dan. Each letter I receive from him is characterized by nicely franked envelope and a wide variety of sheets and souvenir-sheets that Romania issues in large number each year.

This time I found in the letter the two s/sheets celebrating the 550th anniversary of the foundation of Bucharest (Michel # 451 and 452), the s/sheet commemorating the 35th anniversary of TRANSGAZ, the Romanian national company for Natural gas transmission (Michel #453, see scan) and the sheets celebrating the 31st Capital Policing Europe Conference held in Bucharest.


Besides the Romanian issues, I received a very nice lot of Moldova stamps and s/sheets too (see scan below). Moldova is one of those countries whose stamps are very hard to find, at least here in Italy. In fact, in my collection I have only 333 stamps from Moldova, approximately the 47% of the total amount of stamps issued from this former USSR republic from 1992 up to date. For this reason, as well as for my trades, I'm looking for all the issues of Moldova, independently of the year but rigorously with nice round cancellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment